So a few years ago while an Enrichment Counselor in a RS presidency, I noticed how chaotic ward closets can be. I got my friend, Kurt, to help me one night pull everything out and reorganize the closets and we stuck all the paper goods in one closet. The bishop caught us reorganizing and that's when the lobbying for the calling of Paper Products Coordinator ("PPC") started. I got the calling, but I think it was because I had a written proposal submitted. Hey, you don't work for lobbyists and not learn a thing or two about getting what you want ... Anyway, giving the calling up to serve my Inner City Mission was tough, but it was for a greater good.
Fast forward a few years, I came back to the ward and of course the calling belonged to someone else. I've half-heartedly kidded around with the bishopric about getting the PPC calling back, but they won't let me have it. Apparently, they think I'm destined for something greater (ha ha).
Fast forward to Ward Council yesterday. Someone complained that the supply closet is not being maintained. I raised my hand and pointed out that I'm the ideal person for the job since I have memberships at both Costco and Sam's Club and that this would have never happened if I was in charge of the supply closet. Brother Knowlton's reply ... "You're called!"
YES!!! It's mine again! Now reconsolidating and organizing closets again, then some shopping at Costco for paper products. Go ahead, congratulate me for successfully lobbying for a calling ...
Fast forward a few years, I came back to the ward and of course the calling belonged to someone else. I've half-heartedly kidded around with the bishopric about getting the PPC calling back, but they won't let me have it. Apparently, they think I'm destined for something greater (ha ha).
Fast forward to Ward Council yesterday. Someone complained that the supply closet is not being maintained. I raised my hand and pointed out that I'm the ideal person for the job since I have memberships at both Costco and Sam's Club and that this would have never happened if I was in charge of the supply closet. Brother Knowlton's reply ... "You're called!"
YES!!! It's mine again! Now reconsolidating and organizing closets again, then some shopping at Costco for paper products. Go ahead, congratulate me for successfully lobbying for a calling ...
7 comments:
Congratulations - I know how much you've missed that calling! I can only begin to imagine the great satisfaction that comes with being the PPC. I do want help lobbying for something in church (besides snacktime in gosple doctrine). There should be a nursery during sacrament meeting. The parents of kids in the nursery could take turns watching the kids. Children from crawling age, to age 8 should be stuck in this nursery. Thus allowing everyone else to hear the meeting (including the kids' parents). Get that going and I'll be ready to vote you in as the new prophet. Granted we'll have to form our own new church. But, whatever.
You crack me up!
Seriously, I want your calling! If it's a requirement to have a membership at Sams and Costco, I totally qualify!
I'll make you my co-chair!
Wow! I've never thought of that...well...not that way anyway. I have let an auxilliary leader know that I would love to serve in their stewardship. But I haven't gotten that calling.
It was only a matter of time until you talked them into it again. Whatever it takes to keep you in the ward. :)
Is that what it is? A ploy to keep me in the ward?
Post a Comment