Time is fun when you're having flies. ~ Kermit the Frog
Please feel free to comment on any blog entries here.
You do not have to be a blogger in order to comment.
There is a space where you can just leave your name. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Paper Products Coordinator: The Setting Apart

As I was crossing the lobby with the paper products for the supply closet, one of the counselors in the bishopric asked if I was ever set apart for the calling. I laughed and asked what I’ll be blessed with – the wisdom to find the best bargains on bulk paper products from a price club? Brother White insisted that I be set apart anyway, so off we went to find a quiet room. We chatted while the ward clerk went to see what the official title of my calling is.

Bro. White: So, did you go to the Tri-Ward party on New Year’s Eve?
Inge: Ummm, No!
Bro. White: Why not?
Inge: Not my thing. I don’t like big crowds and men don’t look or sound the same in broad daylight and a quieter place.
The clerk came back and Brother White proceeded to set me apart and gave me a longer blessing than I had expected. He reminded me that every calling involves both the temporal and spiritual. He blessed me with peace of mind and job security in this tough economy. Then he blessed me that my social life might be enlarged, expand and that I might be led to my eternal companion. Does he think that I don't have many friends just because I don't like big groups? If my social life enlarges anymore, I won't have time to do anything at home other than shower and sleep.

My only comment was, “Wow! All that for just buying paper goods in bulk at Costco?” That and many more was Brother White’s reply.

1 comment:

Dan and Patrice said...

oh inge, you always make me smile.

Blog Archive