Time is fun when you're having flies. ~ Kermit the Frog
Please feel free to comment on any blog entries here.
You do not have to be a blogger in order to comment.
There is a space where you can just leave your name. Thanks!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Memento

Five years ago, when I was given my 10-year service award, I took the money and used it help finance a portion of my trip to Seattle/Canada. While I visited some great places, the trip was a bit of a nightmare because my not so great travel companions. I had nothing spectacular to remind me of my 10-year service award, other than a few photos in which forced smiles were plastered on the faces of the people in them and a refrigerator magnet of a Canadian Mountie.

When they acknowledged my 15th anniversary with the firm this past December, I was determined that I would make a better choice. I settled on a white gold London blue sapphire ring. Pretty, huh? Love it! The best part is I got it on a GREAT sale this past weekend and I still have money leftover which I'll use on an upcoming trip to Las Vegas. I love it! The ring is definitely a much better memento than the fridge magnet.

No comments:

Blog Archive