I got a group together to go see Cheap Trick, Heart and Journey at the USANA Amphitheater on Friday. Getting in and out of the place was a nightmare and the crowd by us were drunk and stupid, but the bands' performance was AWESOME!I left work at 4:00 and carpooled with Laura to stand in line and reserve some lawn space for the others who couldn't leave work earlier. Got to the parking lot about 5:15 and the line from the gate was about half a mile long already. Gates were supposed to open at 5:30 and the opened it closer to 5:45. Got pretty decent lawn space and sat there to enjoy the summer day as we wait for the rest of our group and the concert to start at 7:00.
Cheap Trick opened as I sat there by myself (Laura was in a hideous line buying a t-shirt) and screamed out the lyrics to "Dream Police", "I want you to want me" ... fun, but lonely.
By the time Heart came on stage, most people in my group were there. Forget trying to coordinate finding each other over the noise, I lost my voice screaming into the phone and finally resorted to texting.
Everyone was there by the time the main attraction came on stage. If there was ever a doubt that Journey's new lead singer had revived the band, doubt no more. The 40-year-old Filipino, Arnel Pineda, ROCKED!!! So much better than Steve Perry and boy does he know how to rock! As I've purchased their latest CD a couple of months ago, I knew the lyrics to most of their new songs and was able to scream it out with like-minded fans. Four hours of rockin' and a rollin' -- WHAT A BLAST!
There were a few things that made the night's experience unsavory aside from the parking:
1. The group of people a few yards behind us were drinking quite heavily and by the time Journey came on, they were sloshed. They were so obnoxious that people around them started moving away during the concert. A woman in the group got on a man's shoulder then pulled down the top of her strapless dress ... of course, she had nothing on underneath. If she wanted to act like a slut, that's her problem. She covered her boobs with one arm while waving the other, but why the heck would you pull down your top if you're going to cover them with your arm? Twice during the concert she did this. What got me so mad was that about five yards in front of us were a group of 12-year-old boys. Since the crowd around them dispersed, my group was the only thing standing between them and these boys. I was not about to have this woman go anywhere near the boys and I was ready to slug her if she ever got anywhere near us.
2. At one point the drunken group did get a bit too close and Darci turned around to tell them to back off. Since Darci had her hands up to indicate for them to back off, the woman who kept pulling her top down thought that she said something complimentary about her boobs. Darci straightened her fingers and motioned once again and yelled for them to back off. The woman was so drunk that she didn't understand what Darci was saying, but her friend did. She told Darci to F-off and loosen up. So unnecessary.
3. That same woman who swore at Darci, got her hands in a man's pants and was playing with his junk.
4. To top the night off ... we glanced over and saw this fat chick pull down her pants, squatted and peed. All this while balancing her full cup of beer in one hand on the grass right by our blankets. So disgusting! Apparently, she had done this earlier in the evening, but we had no idea what it was she was doing.
Where were the police and security during all this? No where near us.
An hour and a half getting out of the parking lot that night. Well, at least Laura and I had a chance to talk and listen to some really good music in the car.
I told my co-workers about my experience and being in a law office, we determined that we could've filed charges for indecent exposure, lewdity and urinating in public. We should've take pictures so we might have some evidence when we file a complaint, but who wants to? It was all just too gross.
We've got tickets to see The Police in concert next Saturday. I just hope the crowd is better. I don't think I want to ever get lawn seats at this amphitheater again.
No comments:
Post a Comment